V-Wrap™ FRP Composite Strengthening Systems
STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES’ V-Wrap™ externally bonded carbon and glass fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) systems utilize lightweight, high-strength carbon fibers bonded with adhesive resins
V-Wrap™ materials are ICC-ES approved, are environmentally friendly, and have UL-approved fire-resistant finishes available
- Engineers can design and include in projects with confidence of plan check approval
- ICC-ES approval provides long-term durability assessment that allows for 50-year
- Materials can be installed in active commercial, institutional and industrial environments, maximizing on-going operations for Owners
- A variety of finishes including fire-resistant finishes allow engineers more options for use of V-Wrap materials
V-Wrap™ offers significant ease and flexibility of installation over steel and other repair options
- Can be installed on complex geometries in any orientation
- Can be installed on-site, immediately, or long after structural member is put into place
- Due to ease of installation it is often a lower overall cost alternative compared to steel and other materials
- Ease of installation translates into faster schedule and provides cost saving advantages
- Small construction footprint with no heavy equipment required provides advantages to Owner
V-Wrap™ - increases shear, flexural, and axial strengths of structural members and improves ductility and seismic performance
- Versatile. Can be utilized on a variety of structural elements including columns, beams, walls and slabs to restore and/or increase capacity and ductility
- Lightweight. Material strengthens structural members with no impact on overall weight of structure
- Thin. Low-profile system, typically 1/8” or less, allows for minimal impact on area where FRP being installed
Schedule a Lunch & Learn
Learn more about FRP Composite Strengthening Systems, earn Professional Development Hours and have a catered lunch on us!
RJ Watson provides at no cost or obligation engineering proposal on any project where you are interested in evaluating the benefits of the RJ Watson product line
No Cost/No Obligation Estimates
Our staff of experienced engineers will assist you with your proposals and will work within your tight time constraints.
RJ Watson’s in house operations include a fabrication shop with overhead cranes, heavy lifting capacities, certified welders, weld positioners, media blasting, machine shop and state of the art testing facility.
R.J. Watson has tested and installed its products on thousands of bridges, highways, parking decks and other structures throughout the world.