Zed Seal is a closed-cell, cross-linked, nitrogen-blown polyethylene foam designed to give excellent resilience and high tensile and tear performance. The seal is bonded into place with a high-strength two-component adhesive.
Zed Seal is an expansion joint sealing system for use in bridges, parking structures, stadiums, wastewater treatment plants and many other commercial structures.
- Handles 30% in tension and 60% in compression
- Handles 100% in vertical and horizontal shear
- Intersections and splices are field-welded
- Field installation is fast and simple
- A monolithic waterproof system
- Resistant to weathering, ultraviolet radiation, solvents,chemicals, oxidation, oils, gasoline, salt and abrasion
- Unaffected by extreme cold
- Hydrostatic resistance up to 70’
- Bonds to most substrates
- Grooved sides to improve adhesion
Ped Seal is the ADA compliant version of Zed Seal. We top the Zed Seal with a two part high modulus elastomer to raise the profile of the joint system as well as reduce the risk of puncture from heavy pedestrian traffic.