The 442-foot long structure carries highway and pedestrian traffic over Eighteen Mile Creek. Though built in 1939, the bridge isn’t eligible for the National Register of Historic Places. In 1981, it was reconstructed with a concrete cast-in-place deck on steel girders. The update didn’t last long. Growing pedestrian traffic and a crumbling sidewalk made the bridge a candidate for another overhaul. In April 2015, 16 EQS Seismic Isolation Bearings were installed.